Ram C. Bhujel, PhD
Senior Scientist and Affiliated Faculty
Coordinator, EU-Aqua-Internship Program
Aquaculture and Aquatic Resources Management
SERD, Asian Institute of Technology (AIT)
|Welcome to the Aqua-Internship / Training
Coordinator's personal page!
Teaching and Research:
- Post-Doc: 2001-2002: University of Stirling, Scotland, UK (under Seed Quality in Asia Project funded by DfID).
- D. Tech. Sc. (Aquaculture): Dec. 1999, Asian Institute of Technology (AIT), Thailand
- M. Sc. (Aquaculture): Aug 1994, Asian Institute of Technology (AIT), Thailand
Projects / Consultancy:
- Graduate teaching (Thailand and Vietnam) - Statistical Application in Agriculture, Seminar on Advanced Topics in
- Serve as advisor/committee of several MSc/PhD students
- Serve as ‘Field Supervisor’ for several interns from Universities such as Cambridge, East Anglia, Oxford, MIT,
Duke University, University of Sydney and several others.
Publications: more than 100 scientific journal and magazine articles including:
- Coordinator: EU-Asia Link project (~1million Euro)
- AwF-Nepal Team Leader
- FAO-TCP for Zambia
- Private Companies - Bangladesh (Meridian Group, Qaulity Breeders etc.), India (Aresent Biotech) etc.
Awards and Recognition:
- Book - Statistics for Aquaculture by /Wiley-Blackwell
- Rainbow Trout culture - FAO success story book
- AFS Gold Award, 2009 from Asian Fisheries Society for the contribution to the improvement of Aquaculture and
Fisheries Education in Asia
- Listed in “Marguis Who’s Who in the World"
- Member - World Aquaculture Society (WAS), US Aquaculture Society (US-AS) and Asian Fisheries Society (AFS)
- Elected Director – WAS Asian Pacific Chapter
Selected publications for downloading